Monday, August 17, 2009

Fifty Third Post

OK, so Mom came home yesterday for a few hours thanks to the selfless efforts of the Redmond FD. She really enjoyed the visit, as did our dog Aby, who got up on the counter and ate three sandwiches while we were in the other room.

Mom was really excited to be home, and kept saying how beautiful and elegant the house is, and how it was so good to be home, and how we kind of took it for granted that we had such a great home before. We had food and drinks set out for her, and Dad and I cleaned the house really well and opened the windows (it was a beautiful day yesterday) and turned on the fireplace (she loves that fireplace) and served her lunch.

I also went and picked Mom some blackberries yesterday, which we always used to do at the end of every summer. I feel bad that Mom is getting gypped out of our last time together before college, and I know she is feeling it too.

On another note, I am leaving for USC tomorrow at 5am (7am flight), so I won't have too much to post on about Mom anymore except for phone conversations. So I will probably not be posting on here much anymore.

I guess the best thing would be to make a google/blogger account and subscribe to this blog (top left corner) so it would be easy for you guys to see when there is a new post instead of checking the blog everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott,
    I know your Mom will miss you so much. Here is an idea - I read that you have a Macbook, and so do I. I am going to try IChat with Benjamin this year while he is at college,, so that we can talk and see each other at the same time. Do you have an AIM account (it's free to set up.) I could bring my MacbookPro in when I visit your Mom, and we could set up live chats between you two at a designated time. I could be pretty flexible according to your schedule. We could do this every few days if you want to. So if you would like to try this, just email me at heimfeld@earthink.net. Have a great trip down to USC! What an exciting time for you.

    Debby

    ReplyDelete