Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Forty-Ninth Post

OK, well I am definitely behind on my blogging right now.

I guess the highlights of the pat few days have been that Mom is getting into a pseudo wheelchair called a cardiac chair more and more nowadays. She is also getting more physical therapy work done on her leg.

Dad and I bring the dog in a lot nowadays which cheers Mom up, and we brought the cat in once too.

The other night Dad and I brought the movie Elizabeth in for Mom to watch on my Macbook, as well as the dog and some blankets from home and some popcorn for a family movie night. Mom only lasted about 45 minutes before falling asleep but it was meaningful none the less. Katie and I are bringing the movie back tonight to see if she wants to finish it, or at least make more progress in it.

When I visit Mom I usually talk to her for about half an hour before she falls asleep, then I switch over to reading a book I bring. I am getting a lot of reading this way which I have not had previously this summer so it is good.

Mom went in for some tests at Harborview today but she should be back at Cascade Vista in Redmond within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment