Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thirty-Seventh Post

So I am with Mom once again.

Mom was very talkative in the beginning of the visit but is now mostly sleeping or asking for pain medications.

Mom was asking how long until she could be at home and see the animals and I told her it would be at least a few months but that she was doing better every day. She was also talking about how her situation was "the pits" and that she was sorry I was having to go through it.

I am also getting kind of tired of coming to the hospital every day. I wish the accident never happened and Mom could be home again with us.

2 comments:

  1. Scott,
    I know it is getting tiring driving to the hospital every day, but it means so much to your Mom, I'm sure you know that. When I was there a few days ago I was holding up the photo album that you and your Dad made for Mother's Day and turning the pages for her to see. She talked about you and the pets, and said that she :"worried" about you. I reassured her there was no need to worry, so seeing you daily is a real comfort to her. It is a good sign that your Mom is able to rest and her body is healing. That's a good idea to bring something to read while she is sleeping, because I know she senses you are there even when she is reating. A year from now everything will be so different with her home and things more normal. And even though there aren't too many comments on the last few posts, so many people are keeping up with you and your Dad's posts every day.. People I run into ask about you and your Mom all the time. Now it is turning into the "long haul", but remember we are there for you and thinking of you. Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,
    Keep going. Look back on how far you and she have come and realize all the good you are doing by being there. Even if your mom is asleep, you help her by your presence. She knows you are there and it makes her burden less. It's normal to get frustrated and down, just know that there are many who continue to be proud of how strong you have been through all of this and we are cheering for you. Sometimes you have to paddle into the wind. It's tiring but you know you can't quit, so you just dig in a do it knowing how great the camp will be when you arrive.

    Bob B.

    ReplyDelete