Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eighth Post

First off, I would like to thank everyone for the encouragement for mom and for me and my dad. I would also encourage people to keep leaving comments as it will be very meaningful for my mom to read.

I hope that you appreciate me waiting in two hours of traffic today mom to see you :) Unfortunately when I got in to the hospital there was a bunch of hubbub. Someone was washing her hair, and I told mom that she looked very pretty and that it was the new spa treatment. Someone came in also to check the hardware on her legs and so I only had a few minutes before I was kicked out. Dad said today that the nurses said Mom was doing much better today.

We also got a new primary care nurse today because they are evidently on a weekly schedule.

From talking to the nurse it seems that Mom will be unconscious on the ventilator for a while still, but that when she becomes more conscious she will be unable to speak because the respirator will still be in, and therefore no air will pass over the vocal chords to produce speech.

Dad said she smiled this morning, and the nurse said her anesthesia was less this morning, but they had re-sedated her only 30 minutes before I got there so I didn't really see any reaction when I was there. I guess I can blame the traffic for that haha.

Take care,
Scott

3 comments:

  1. Hi Scott,
    All of us at the Larsen house are sending you positive thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for your mom. Thank you for creating the blog and posting updates. Your mom and dad are so lucky to have you by their sides. I'm looking forward to being a part of the cooking crew on behalf of the Lindemann family.

    Dianne Larsen (Tate's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the Maurer's.
    Scott, thank you for writing and keeping us updated and also for sharing your thoughts, concerns and daily praises. We do indeed praise God Almighty that your dear sweet mom is with us. We now pray for recovery and strength. I have been letting your pals on Alliance know what's going on and they all send their prayers! It's so wonderful to read all the comments and see how many people have been touched by your mom and your dear family. I know I can't even count the number of kind and sweet things you all have done for us!! I know your mom is so proud of the man you have grown to be!
    On a funny note - the 2009 silly yellow sunglasses you are wearing in the picture with your mom...yeah, I bought those for Justin to wear at his graduation and he thought I was SO embarrassing! Good, I said, Moms are supposed to be embarrassing! Now seeing this picture, somehow I think he will change his mind. What a sweet picture of joy!
    Our love to you - Deb, Todd, Justin and Brady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott, it's your neighbor Salman Mughal. We just heard about the accident from your dad's email earlier today and we're all praying for your mom's quick recovery, and for God to give you all strength.

    When you mentioned sitting in traffic it reminded me of last year when my dad was in the hospital in Seattle (U of W Medical Center) with a life-threatening illness. After a couple of frustrating times visiting him and running into bad rush-hour traffic I started taking the express bus and it turned out to be a lot quicker and more convenient, too (at least on weekdays). This might be an option for you as well.

    Love and prayers for you all,
    Salman, Meeral, Halima & Aamina

    ReplyDelete