Monday, June 22, 2009

Twenty-Fourth Post

Saw Mom again today, but the only word she said was "Steve," my Dad's name. I told her that Dad was at home and was safe and was coming to see her tomorrow.

She seemed very peaceful today, and still was off the ventilator. Mom also had the oxygen nose plug thing removed.

When I came in she was set up to watch TV, and so we watched "Cake Boss" on TLC for about an hour.

She kept squeezing my hand again today and still tried to pull out her feeding tube and neck brace.

I'm not sure how well she can see because her eyes seemed unfocused today and very dilated.

As I left she was trying to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. "Cake Boss"??? Sounds like that would be enough to put anyone to sleep. I'm sure Mom would much rather have watched Battle Plan with us Scott! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,

    We haven't really talked but I've seen you around Overlake often. I wanted to tell you how sorry I am that this happened to your family. Your mom is so amazingly strong to go through something like this. I am so glad for you all that she has come out of her vegetative state. It will just get better from here. I know that healing can be a long and difficult process, and my family and I would love to help out if we can at ANY date, whether it be now or in a few months. Your family will be in my thoughts.

    -Olivia Corrin

    ReplyDelete