Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ninth Post

So not too much to report. Still don't know the status of the cat scans. Still wondering about the stroke and possible spinal injuries.

It appears that Mom is going in for surgery tomorrow to mend the 2 fractured parts of her pelvis. She's pretty stable now it seems like.

When Kim and I went in today around 8:30 we saw the Walkowskis and met another new nurse, Andy. Mom's room looks out over a couple rooftops and a little bit of urban Seattle.

Mom is looking a lot better as far as the puffiness goes. Before, her body was so puffy that her hands were literally twice normal size and swelled and her eyelids were so puffy they cane over her eyelashes completely. Now she is looking normal enough to recognize again.

Looks like there is less IV drips and hardware on her every time I go in. The traction is off her legs now too. There are always new kinds of bandages on her legs when I go in to see her.

It seems that Mom is still getting better every day, though there was no hand squeezing or smiling again today for me :(

We were also there when the nurse had to suction some mucus out of her ventilator tube which unfortunately made her flinch. Sorry Mom.

Also found out a little more about the accident. Turns out a news station, newspaper, and the police all covered the crash. The other car was a Jeep Liberty, driven by a woman from Portland, Oregon.

Kim and Frank went to the police impound lot to get stuff out of the car and also got her purse and jewelry except for an earring she was wearing. They also took a ton of pictures for the court and for the family. I got my sunglasses case (but no sunglasses), slippers, graduation gown, and jumper cables back.

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Scott,
    My first message somehow got lost in space or else got to you through another means (hopefully). I want you to know how impressed I am at how you are handling all of this and how much I am praying for your mother's recovery. I know how much she has cared about you through your time at Overlake and now you are returning that love tenfold. Take advantage of all the friends and support you have to keep strong for her. And for those bringing food, I know from travelling down the river in Utah that Scott is a good eater :)
    Can't wait to see you and your mom smiling together again. Bob B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your mom is feeling better. I hope you and your family are doing good as well. I think it is great that you set up such a great support sytem for your mom.

    I hope everything goes well,you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers,
    Frost

    ReplyDelete