Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Second Post

If there's one thing I have learned in my life, it is that fate is very strange.

As it turns out, a classmate of mine that is a year behind me in school happened to be driving past my mom's crash site when he stopped and ran over to help. He arrived there around 3 minutes before the aid cars and saw my mom's reaction. He only realized it was my mom yesterday morning from my facebook.

He also talked to eyewitnesses and also by chance there was an off duty paramedic there with him explaining what the rescuers were doing real time as they worked.

From talking to eyewitnesses, it seems that the previous story is correct.

The classmate did stress how strong and stubborn my mom was. He said she was fighting to stay alive and conscious, and that it was evidently taking tremendous willpower. He said even though he did not know her, he said he thought she would be OK because of how incredibly strong she was. I agree, she is a very strong woman and I don't think shes going anywhere while I'm still alive.

The person I talked to also told me how much the paramedics worked together to rescue my mom from the car. He said there were at least 4 fire trucks and a ton of ambulances there to look after her.

The classmate was also kind enough to email some pictures. As these are zoomed out, I talked with my dad and we felt it would be best to put them up. I found these pictures strangely comforting as at least now I know what the crash looked like instead of only wondering.

My mom, driving my black lexus.



The other driver's car that we believe was drunk at the time of the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment